• My position with AOS:
• My current full-time title and institution:
• My current career stage:
• My lineage of mentors/labs:
BSBA, Devry University; International Accountant tracking financials for seven global offices; and Administrator-extraordinaire at a regional environmental nonprofit
In haiku: I hold down the fort, these members prefer to soar; advancing bird science.
• My favorite bird and why:
Black-capped chickadee – they’re spunky and have cute cheeks
• I am involved with AOS because:
So I can absorb bird knowledge and identification chops at annual meetings.
• The best part about being a member of AOS is:
Getting to ride along on bird walks!
• Birds are important to me because:
They are essential to a healthy environment and to human existence.
• Advice I have to offer a student (master’s level or younger) in ornithology:
Receipts are required for expense reimbursement from the processing office.
• One ornithology question or problem I would like to solve or see solved:
Decreasing light pollution as a means to aid birds and people.
• Fun random fact about myself:
I had pet rats growing up because my sister was allergic to everything.