• My position with AOS:
Chair, Scientific Program Committee
• My current full-time title and institution:
Director, Idaho Cooperative Fish & Wildlife Research Unit
• My current career stage:
• My lineage of mentors/labs:
Master’s degree from University of Wyoming (mentored by Dr. Stan Anderson)
PhD degree from University of Montana (mentored by Dr. Thomas Martin)
Postdoc from SUNY-Syracuse (mentored by Dr. James Gibbs)
I study why birds behave as they do. Sometimes the answer is obvious, but often I’m even more puzzled & intrigued after obtaining results.
• I am involved with AOS because:
Professional contacts and staying energized about what I do.
• The best part about being a member of AOS is:
Contributing to and watching the growth of the next generation of ornithologists.
• Advice I have to offer a student (master’s level or younger) in ornithology:
Give a talk at the AOS conference each and every year! That is an investment that will pay off later.