• Twitter Handle:
• My position with AOS:
Fellow; Editor in Chief of The Auk, beginning August 2018
• My current full-time title and institution:
Research Wildlife Biologist, Smithsonian Institution
• My current career stage:
• My lineage of mentors/labs:
Undergrad: Stephen Russell, William Calder, University of Arizona;
Masters: J.V. Remsen, Jr., Louisiana State University;
PhD: Richard Holmes, Dartmouth College;
Postdoc: Jim Nichols, USGS Patuxent
I study individual, marked birds throughout their lives, preferably in pleasing locations.
• My favorite bird and why:
Greater Roadrunner (https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xxlwv5)
• I am involved with AOS because:
The AOS is my primary professional society and a great community of friends and scholars.
• The best part about being a member of AOS is:
Excellent journals and annual meetings.
• Birds are important to me because:
They are easy to count.
• Advice I have to offer a student (master’s level or younger) in ornithology:
• One ornithology question or problem I would like to solve or see solved:
Track migratory hummingbirds between breeding and winter grounds.